The Fourth International Conference on Cliodynamics: Mathematical Modeling of Historical and Socioeconomic Processes will be held in Vladivostok (Russian Federation) on May 20-22, 2013 (please note the change of dates from the previous announcement). The Conference will be hosted and supported by the Far Eastern Federal University (Vladivostok).
The Conference will focus on the following themes:
- Models of non-equilibrium historical processes; self-organization and synergetics in historical dynamics
- General patterns in social evolution and the dynamics of world-systems; modeling approaches to these questions
- Economic and political processes in the Asian-Pacific Region: scenarios for the future and tipping points
- Mathematical methods in historical research: Cliometrics, multivariate statistical analysis, statistical modeling, hypothesis testing, mathematics and humanities
- Spatial, demographic, and economic models in history
- Geographic and climatic influences on history
- Models of conflicts, insurrections, and wars: past and future
- Historically based methods of forecasting: what is their potential, and what are the limitations?
The working language of the conference is English.
Those wishing to present a paper should submit an abstract and a three-page summary (1000-1500 words) in English, or in Russian with an English translation no later than February 1, 2013. The application should state the name and affiliation of the presenter, e-mail, telephon and fax numbers, and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.